Bifen IT is a professional strength insect control product. The ‘IT’ stands for Insecticide/Termiticide, since the formula kills a range of insects but is especially fatal to termites.
Bifen IT is used to control a variety of pests both indoors and outdoors. In addition to being an economical product, it is also very simple to mix and use.
About 1 oz. of the formula can be mixed with a gallon of water to make the liquid spray. Bifen IT is suitable for use around public, residential, commercial and industrial buildings, lawns, trees, shrubs, parks, etc. Bifen IT can deal with the toughest pest like Carpenter Ants, Fleas, Mites, Ticks, Billbugs, and even Japanese Beetles.
- Long-lasting residual control.
- Odourless and dries with no visible residues.
- Consistent with herbicides, fungicides and liquid fertilizers.
- Doesn’t damage plants as there is no known phytotoxicity.
- The product is volatile and has low aqueous solubility.
- Not persistent in soil.
- Toxic to birds, honeybees, and earthworms.
Table of Contents
About 7.9% of Bifen IT is formulated with the active ingredient Bifenthrin, whereas the rest of the rest of the 92.1% is made up of other inert ingredients.
It is preferred due to its long-lasting residual control which means it remains effective for up to several months. The active ingredient Bifenthrin, also allows it to be odorless.
Bifen IT is compatible to be mixed with other fungicides, or liquid fertilizers. The presence of other inert ingredients in Bifen IT gives it lower solubility in the soil, lowering contamination of nearby water bodies.
Bifenthrin is a synthetic pyrethroid which works by paralyzing the central nervous system of insects ultimately causing death.
According to NPIC (National Pesticide Information Center), it is toxic to birds and bees therefore when applied make sure that no bees or birds come in contact with the product until dried completely. The product also shows oral toxicity to various other mammals. Similarly it is extremely toxic to aquatic invertebrates and fish.
Bifen IT is manufactured by the Quali-Pro, a brand of Control Solutions Inc which is a mid-sized U.S based chemical manufacturer which provides economical and effective pest control solutions.
Quali-Pro has been a leader in the development of innovative and post-patent formulations, offering professionals the industry’s widest array of active ingredients and cost-effective insecticides for controlling pests.
The ingredient Bifenthrin used in the product was first registered by EPA in the year 1985 and the product holds the Environmental Protection Agency registration.
A thorough analysis of numerous customer reviews revealed a majority of them use Bifen IT in various hacks.
User formulated their own mixing which works perfectly. ( as claimed by them)
For instance, one user shared a trick, which is mixing the Bifen IT with ¼ cup of Dawn dishwashing liquid so that it can stick to the foliage when sprayed especially on trees.
Many users have mentioned how economical the product is and that they find it very effective and well worth their money. Some users even reported that after using this product for a couple of years in a row, they found ants have apparently developed a resistance to it.
Bifen IT can be best applied using a sprayer over areas such as foundations of a house, and around windows, doors etc. Before using it anywhere it is always advisable to read the label carefully beforehand.
- Before applying the product, a person should wear safety gears such as Gloves, Goggles and a Face Mask.
- A pump sprayer and water is required to mix the product.
- First, the pump sprayer should be filled with half a gallon of water and then the product should be added.
- 1 ounce of Bifen IT is to be measured out of the bottle and then poured it into the sprayer filled with water.
- After adding the concentrate the sprayer should again be filled with another half a gallon of water, to come up with 1 gallon of liquid.
- The liquid should be left for 5 to 10 minutes so it can properly mix; afterwards it is ready to be sprayed.
Please note that this product can only be used for small infestation. If you have large infestation, that is beyond your control. You should talk to professional pest management company.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best time to apply Bifen IT?
There are no temperature restrictions for applying it. It can be applied at any time of the day as long as you’re not expecting any rain for the next 24 hours.
When Can I Water My Lawn After Applying Bifen IT?
You can water your lawn after 24 hours of applying the product in your lawn.
Can I use it on Roses and Flowers?
No, Bifen IT is not labelled to be used on roses or any flowers.
How long can I keep the product or expiration date of the product?
The product usually lasts 3-5 years from the date of purchase if stored properly in cool and dry conditions at room temperature.
Thoughts? Post a comment below.