Many of us just nature lovers, some are fond of sitting outside on summer nights, be grateful for the great weather and attractive sceneries. On the other hand, few others enjoy relaxing time at home indoors with windows open and enjoying the fresh breeze passing by for ventilation. But At the same time, no one likes to have flying bugs and insects crawling on their food, kids or other stuff around them. You want to enjoy your time outdoors and indoors, your top priority is to eliminate these annoying flying and crawling insects.
In order to select the best pick from the market, we are providing a top Bug zapper racket details for narrowing down and making your search much easier. These extensive reviews will also help you can help you find the best bug zapper racket for your requirements and budget available.
In a hurry? Lets Compare Top Bug Zapper Rackets in the market against each Other.
1. ZAP IT! Bug Zapper and Insect Killer
- Unlike other conventional fly swatters, it has a large wide surface making it easier to trap bugs just in one swing.
- It has three-layered security mesh
- Availability of chargeable USB cord
- Uses Light sensor indication when the device is switched on
- Handy design that can be used indoors and outdoors
- Useful in immediate killing for small and medium sized bugs and insects.
- 100% Lifetime replacement guarantee offered by the company
- It uses electrical power as an alternative of batteries; consequently, you have to re-charge it through USB cord from time to time
- It does not hold a charge for very long span of time
- Even though it does not leave much of mess and remains, if you employ the device indoors you have to get ready yourself for a modest mess, as dead bugs and insects will drop down on the floor after being zapped.
- It is very powerful as its energy grid emits 4000 volts of charge
- For safety measures this bug zapper has a first-rated bright LED light installed which indicates that the device is on working mode and is switched on. It also indicates that user should not touch the netting part.
- Operates on extra-fast USB charging so you just need to plug into any USB gadget to charge this battery activates fly swatter swiftly and proficiently.
It is an instant bug and insect killer that uses a simple swing of the electronic bug swatter. It uses electrical power rather than batteries which makes it a rechargeable. High voltage is emitted from its energy grid that is considered to be very high for a handy bug zapper racket.
The battery operated hand-held zappers can be utilized frenziedly, as long as you have enough batteries, but this swatter has to be charged immediately once after it runs out of charge.
2. Ortho Bug B Gon Max Insect Killer
Products currently unavailable on Amazon
- It is designed very elegantly and compactly
- It can be folded easily to be packed in bag packs even and drawers
- It Swings effortlessly
- Made durable and non recyclable ABS plastics
- Very easy to hold because of it’s Lightweight
- Is used for indoors and outdoors
- It uses expensive batteries as it operates on C batteries rather than AA batteries
- It net parts, wires are banded a bit far from each other which makes it less effective for smaller insects.
- Uses powerful C batteries for working
- Its power net operates on approximately 2000-2200V
- This electric racket will generate electric shock waves that will catch insects in a second
- Comes with a green indicator is on which means the metal net is working at a high voltage.
Due to its compact size, the smart hand-held bug zapper move to and fro very with no trouble and is frivolous, which is fine reparation for working via a more costly battery. This electric racket will produce electric shock waves that will catch it in a second, without you even feeling.
You also need to click and push down the [push back] button when you want to fold the swatter, therefore, don’t forcefully fold as it may break the Folding lock
3. The Executioner Zapper Swatter
- Strong Robust Construction and Superior Build Quality
- Tested to over 100,000 Zaps
- Operates on affordable 2x AA Branded Alkaline Batteries Supplied
- Comes with absolutely Free Carry Case
- Fully CE approved
- The jolt is powerful enough to kill most insects, large insects may take more than one hit.
- Can be used indoors and outdoors
- Touching the grill is uncomfortable for humans but will cause no lasting damage.
- Instant Zap Single Layer 1.2mm Zinc Steel Grill
- Made with ABS Plastic not brittle recycled plastic
- High-Performance Quality Portable Bug Zapper
- Operates on 3000 V Power
It functions by simply pressing the button and swing, once an insect like Fly, Wasp or Bug touches the screen it will be right away Zapped unlike other 3 layered rackets who time and again have to try numerous times to get a Zap because of the useless outer layers.
When the insect contacts the charged grill, it produces a spark that looks and sounds cool.
4. Beastron Bug Zapper Electric Fly Swatter
- Comes with fast USB charging
- Includes bright LED light for hunting at night too
- Comes with safety manual activation button
- Includes offers of one year warranty guarantee from the company
- Comes in Full Size for Easier Bug targeting
- It is designed with defensive meshes on both sides that will prevent users from getting injured.
- Bit delicate in material used
- Its shock delivers 3,000 volts making it a one shot kill
- Its dimensions are 17.99 x 1.42 x 6.81 inches
- Weighs about 9.6 ounces
- Its single distinct swing of this electronic fly swatter with an efficient voltage grid eradicates flies, bugs and other flying insects.
The Beastron bug zapper is capable to create powerful shocks that will destroy bugs instantly .It can be plugged into any USB device to charge this battery function fly swatter rapidly and proficiently.
5. ELUCTO bug zapper racket
Products currently unavailable on Amazon
- Relatively simply to use as its activation is completely manual
- Comes with 01 Year Full Warranty
- It only operates on affordable two AA Batteries. Also works well and extensively with Polaroid AA Batteries with a single contact only
- Feasible to use for indoor and outdoor
- It does not come with protective screen which can cause damage to the user. Although protective screens are sometimes considered as barriers to kill bugs and insects immediately but yes they do offer safety for user to a certain level.
- Its Mesh is too large for zapping the smaller insects
- Uses cost effective AA batteries
- It delivers a zap of approximately 2500 volts
- The swatter has an almost toy-like exterior, yellow color and racket shape
- It weighs up to 5.4 ounces
The electricity of Elucto Electric Fly Swatter is triggered by pushing a small button on the handle and as you aim and swing at the bug to be eradicated. It can bring a throbbing affect if contact is made with the electric grid of the swatter. As, ELUCTO bug zapper racket will produce electric shock waves that will destroy bugs in a second, without you even feeling . Whenever you press the ON button, a RED light will indicate that it is ready to use.
6. Black Flag Handheld Bug Zapper
- This model very affordable
- Concerning safety, it features an led light to indicate if the metal grid is carrying current
- Comes with protective layer to avoid any accidental touching
- Metal ring is fitted in the racket , thus allowing users to hang it
- It can be used not only on flying insects but also on insects and other irritating bugs that might be seen in and around your home.
- The case that has the batteries is too big and shaky.
- Its Mesh is too large for zapping the smaller insects
- Uses 2750 volts of power
- Use indoors at home, basement, attic and garage and outdoors
- Comes with LED light indication
- Uses 2 AA batteries (not included)
- Comes with handy hanging hook
- Weighs about 0.16 ounces
- It’s dimensions are 0.1 x 8 x 17 inches
The design allows you to take it wherever you go. It is easy to pack and portable. On the handle, there is a hook so you can hang it somewhere close in case you need it. This model can be used indoors as well as outdoors. The surface of the grid is covered with a triple-layer mesh so that even when electrified, nobody touching it would get electrocuted.
How A Bug Zapper Racket Work?
Market name for bug zapper racket is also recognized as electric fly swatter. It is a handy and simple piece of hardware and looks a lot similar to tennis racket with relatively wider net part and additionally it has an electrified zinc steel mesh with an adequate amount of current running through it. It functions alike electrocution.
However it doesn’t attract the bugs, you manually have to swing it around bugs and insects for killing them.
1. The Racket Head
The racket head features net lines intersecting horizontal and vertical wires that structure an electrical grid that carrying approximately 500 to as much as 4,000 volts of electric current.
So, when electricity is moving through the wires, it burns away any bug or insect that comes in contact with any of the two wires formerly. The grid wires are so close enough that insects and bugs at least touch one of the wires.
2. Power Used
Mostly all Bug zapper rackets run on chargeable and rechargeable batteries, with an activation switch to power on or off the racket power. To turn on the electrical charge, you need to press a button when you are going to swing the racket.
When you let go of the button, the grid is no longer electrified i.e. No currents is moving in the wires. This is considered as a careful safety aspect that facilitates users in avoiding the slightest of a shock if they would by any chance touch the grid wires of the racket.
3. Swinging mechanism
Just like tennis racket, you need to swing the bug zapper racket but not to a hard surface that it may break because of colliding. Instead, you can use the bug zapper racket swiftly and swinging it through the air by aiming the target carefully.
Also, if you will hit a flying insect or bug, you’ll hear the zap that is a sign of a winning connection. To kill an insect that’s sitting on a hard surface, swing the racket through the air above the insect without touching the surface. This will likely cause the insect to fly in the air in a straight line into the way racket.
4. Cleaning Up
Once the bugs and insects are zapped, they’ll surely leave behind some burnt residues that you need to brush away for your complete satisfaction.
Also if some of the insects remains are found stuck on the racket grid, you need to first carefully turn the racket off and remove the residuals for the optimal working of the racket. But surely this little effort won’t bother you much after having a successful instant elimination of annoying bugs!
Features To Look For In A Perfect Bug Zapper
Although most of the bug zappers look quite similar, still there are a small number of distinctions that you can make and they are beyond their price that set them apart. These features can facilitate you to pick just the right model that would meet your requirements.
1. Check For Energy Voltage
A bug zapper racket that offers optimum voltage will be able to kill larger bugs, such as bees and wasps. Therefore a bug zapper racket with less voltage may only be useful in eliminating only small insects while merely numbing the larger ones for some time.
2. Power light feature
Some bug zapper rackets do have bright LED light to signify when the zapper is turned on and ready to use and if it is not switched on. Also some of the models do come with battery status indicating the charge left for use.. Some models also use this light to let you know the current battery charge level.
3. Device Activation button
In order to avoid any sudden electrical jolts you should always check for operational power on and off button. As, user can use this feature as a safety measure.
4. Bug zapper racket’s head size
Unlike tennis rackets, bug zapper rackets should always be checked for a wide racket head. The larger net will allow targeting more bugs and insects from small to medium sized. Also, rackets with wider head will not require too precise swinging for aiming target insects.
5. Right Grid Size
Check for the spacing of horizontal and vertical lines. As, the less spacing between wires increases the chances of insects getting caught up in one of the wires at least, hence increasing more chances to kill precisely. Wider grid will make it hard to aim and hit the targeted insect with precision.
6. Battery Type Used
You should also check for the type of battery convenient for the user. As rechargeable batteries almost take 6-8 hours to get fully charged and also they are expensive as compared to alkaline batteries that are easily available in the market and are affordable, so you can replace as much as you want.
7. Plastic Screen Guard
This feature is not compulsory and totally on your discretion. As, some users are not very fond of the plastic screen guard as they prevent insects from touching the wire immediately, however some users want this feature as it also acts as a safety guard against accidental touch.
Why Should You Invest in a Bug Zapper?
Bug zapper rackets are the best and most efficient way of getting rid of those nasty flying pests immediately. However, There is fairly a large collection of these bug zapper rackets available online and offline. Each of them is more or less different from one another.
Few of the models are powered by electricity, others are magnetic, battery activated or solar powered. Some bug zapper rackets can be used indoors, some are best for outdoors and some are designed for both.
Although these zappy bug eliminating devices can keep a considerably large amount of flying bugs and insects away from your home, you can also get off the ground for pest eradication process.
As a matter of fact there is a huge difference between various bugs in a multiple environment. Smallest bugs like mosquitoes behavior are quite different depending on the place and surrounding aspects. For instance, mosquitoes in a natural environment (especially near places with high humidity, like forests, lakes, rivers, etc.) are quite stingy, big and tough to kill.
They still can be killed by zappers, but their population in such areas is especially high, so you can bet that you would be bitten eventually. This is why you don’t have to speculate why zappers are not absolutely 100% effective in the case of purely natural environment. But when it comes to home use or camping in dry places, things get pretty much different
To conclude, we suggest preferring a product with a fully cover guarantee and warranty. As,It’s a smart decision, particularly if you’re uncertain if it is the best solution for the insect problem that you are facing. With that being said, experiment with different placement locations to rule out external factors that may impede its effectiveness.
Also you should keenly read all the terms of the guarantee and warranty. Normally, you’ll see limited conditions and warnings. Plus, save your original payment receipt to stay in safe zone. Whatever you may choose, remember these bug zapper rackets are an immediate solution not a long lasting alternatives for infestations nearby or in and around your house.